Sunday, July 26, 2009

Week 2 Recap!

Well, we made it again! It's actually more than we usually spend because I'm buying things I normally wouldn't buy but we're on the challenge. But it will all get used. If it's within my maximum price to pay, it's worth it.

With the All You challenge (with the twist of no stockpile usage), we came in at $91.67 for food. With the "theory" buys so as not to include previous stockpile, I spent $98.63 on food :)

But the fire totals aren't as impressive. I stockpiled lotion, razors, vitamins, rubber gloves, wipes and diapers this week too. Scott's Proactiv was $10 "theoretical" but worth it. It's the only thing that works for his skin and he was annoyed with not "having" it. The propane refill cost a bit but it's something we'd probably have to do in the event of losing everything and grilling is so wonderful and healthy in the summer. I broiled the BBQ chicken last week but real BBQ was better. Killer diaper deal at Rite Aid too. I'll try to hit a couple tomorrow. So worth that price. And we stocked our "treasure box" so the kids can earn rewards at the end of the day. It's really motivating Hunter to take steps and Ryanne to stay accident free (she has a tendency not to stop what she's doing and potty).

We have $116 to spend for the next two weeks on the fire challenge so this week will have to pare down on the spending in general. But we should be fine. I might buy another pack of beef but we have pork, chicken and shrimp to use this week and a Pizza mystery shop tomorrow, wedding rehearsal dinner Thursday and wedding Saturday. Here's the total sheets!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am totally impressed. You put me to shame - I didn't even know about 80% of the deals that you got this week. Way to go!! - atlat (from PYP)

    ReplyDelete