Sunday, July 26, 2009

Friday 7/24 Recap

Well, we're doing great on the week! I will probably shop this weekend but mostly stockpiling, which is what I was hoping to do on this challenge. Stopped by Rite Aid on the way home and got 4 packs of Pampers Easy Ups, size 5 (girls) clearance for $2.87 each. And 2 packs of RA brand refill wipes (240 ct) clearance for $1.74 each. 2x$2 coupons from P&G Year of Savings book and 2x$1 coupons from P&G insert for a total of $10 and change on a gift card!! I was going to try to do the Huggies deal with SCR's but it was too much work with only 1 day to go on the deal. Still, 4 packs of diapers and the equivalent of 6 packs of wipes (each pack had 3 packs in it) for $10? I'll take it :)

Menus:
Breakfast: C'mon, you know what I ate already... Scott had one of his now famous breakfast sandwiches (I need to buy more english muffins!). The kids shared the last of the canteloupe and had the last of the Fruit2day mixed with Sunny D.
Lunch: We both had another Marie Callendar's Pasta Al Dente. I LOVED the tortellini but it had more calories than the shrimp dish I had last time. Scott was still lukewarm on his but I thought they were great.
Dinner: Ryanne had been begging for stroganoff (her favorite) so I bought two cans of cream of mushroom soup and "bought" a can of Albertson's mushrooms (we have so many, didn't want to actually spend on that right now, would rather wait for a sale). They scarfed it down with a couple of green beans, but the stroganoff was the desired part ;-)

Theresa's world famous stroganoff
1# beef, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 cans condensed mushroom soup (use low sodium if you can find it)
1 can Beef Consomme (or 1.5 cups beef broth of some sort: ie: boullion, or I used the broth from our crockpot from Wednesday)
1 can mushrooms
1 bag pasta (we use Wacky Mac- a bit of veggies in them and they're cheap on sale + coupon!)
Sour cream optional

Sautee beef and onions in large skillet. You can use butter, I choose to use a cooking spray. If you use butter, when the meat and onions are done you'll want to add a Tbs. of flour to soak it up. Add mushroom soup, beef broth and mushrooms to pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. For the higher fat version I add sour cream at the end. It's very rich and delicious but it's just as good without it. Serve over pasta :)

Hmmm, missing the picture. I'll try to find it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment