Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thursday 7/23 Recap

Thursday was a busy day. Ryanne ended up going home with Nana after dinner so they could go to a fire station presentation in the morning. She walked out with her backpack like she was leaving for college "Bye Mom!" She yelled without turning around LOL. Hunter was not pleased in the morning that Ryanne was not going to school. His routine is to go to her room and get a kiss. Well Taylor was in the seat Ryanne was in, with her blonde hair, wearing nearly IDENTICALLY what Ryanne wore the day before. Hunter went up for a kiss and she looked at him like he had 3 heads!! I was hoping we'd go in and he'd see that she wasn't there, we'd wave at the teachers and be alright. HA, silly mommy. He melted down. Finally realized he'd be okay and we were off. I had a PT Thursday for my hip so Scott was lovely enough to make dinner :) No shopping as it was a busy work day and having PT...

Menus:

Breakfast: Hunter had canteloupe before going to school. He won't drink much juice without Ryanne's example. We're watching his weight though to see if he still needs supplement at school. He's doing great so far though, up 0.3 pounds! Scott had cereal and I had my regular cereal and yogurt.
Lunch: One of my "D'OH" days. Forgot my lunch. So I had to see what I had stashed in the freezer here at work. I have a Red Baron pizza and a lean pocket left. Someone decided a Hot Pocket pack with the big KPK on it "DO NOT EAT" didn't mean it wasn't theirs. I had the lean pocket quesadilla and I was still hungry but didn't eat any more. Scott picked Ryanne up and had Spaghetti with his parents.
Snack: It was too late to take Ryanne to school, the other kids were napping. So she got a yogurt and daddy let her have some pudding!! She had a piece of toast and a piece of cheese too.
Dinner: Scott BBQ'd the other 2 chicken quarters. The kids scarf these down so it keeps our portions reasonable. I made baked yam fries with a little butter and brown sugar. Those go over so well!! And we had salads. Everyone is loving salads this summer! The kids got Yoplait kids drinks too, they were so excited!! The kids had pudding for dessert and the adults splurged and shared a bag of popcorn (the lowfat variety though, yay us!!)
Baked Yam Fries
Pre-Bake yam in microwave or oven.
Cut into slices and place on cooking sheet.
Melt Butter (light preferred) in microwave and stir in 1T brown sugar
Bake in oven until browning on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment