Sunday, July 26, 2009

Wednesday 7/22 Recap

Sorry I haven't kept up on the recaps. Seems I can do tips or recaps :P I get caught up eventually though!! Wednesday was fairly uneventful. Worked, went home, Scott made dinner!! I didn't do any shopping and that was nice. It's nice when you can just know you have enough of whatever you need at home :) My thought for the day is how much I miss good pots and pans though. After the sandwiches last night, I realized how much we use ours and how bad they've gotten since the wedding (we got them off our registry). I think Christmas will be a good time to ask for some new ones from the hubby. I'll give him a 20% discount to Bed Bath and Beyond and give him a gift card I've earned from mypoints, or my work's reward programs or something and we'll get some new ones. I love the teflon non-stick. I find I use much less oil or butter with them. Anyway, that's the thought for the day :)


Menus:
Breakfast: I had my yogurt and cereal at work. Scott has become quite adept at making breakfast sandwiches for himself with the bacon, cheese, eggs and english muffin's we've had! 3 minutes, all microwave he says. And far less preservatives than those store bought ones. Way to go honey! The kids had the fruit2day juice and some canteloupe. I made them some little hashbrowns from the leftover potato from the stuffed night but no go. They're fruit eaters in the AM.
Lunch: We both had the Marie Callendar's Pasta al Dente meals for lunch. I absolutely loved the shrimp one I had and Scott said the rigatoni was decent. I seemed more excited about mine :)
Dinner: I knew I would be running late so I set a crockpot!! Scott's mom graciously has been taking Hunter to his e-stem PT appointment every week and she stayed for dinner again. It was a beef roast, potatoes, onions, celery and the rest of the peppercorn McCormick pack. 3 cups of water and went all day. The meat was a little dissapointingly tough but not bad. Usually I'll add a 1/2 tsp. of meat tenderizer but didn't "have" it ;-) Served it with sour cream (for kids) and light sour cream (for adults), milk and a salad with a little feta cheese on it.


22. Tip of the day: Let the broth from your crockpot cool, skim off the top fat and save it from your crockpot for next time. It's more flavorful than water, you'll save on spices or you can even use it as beef broth in other recipes too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment