Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tuesday 7/21 Recap

GREAT trips to Kroger and Albertson's today. $45 at Kroger but that's split between HBA and Grocery. I got 7 of my very favorite Johnson's lotions for $1 each and I couldn't be happier. Well worth $1. Not $2, but $1 I'm excited about ;-) Wish I had more of those coupons. I bought a ton of Kraft salad dressing because I had "save off meat WYB dressing" and some for produce as well. So I am sure a lot of that will go into yard sale but that's fine, saved me a bunch to get 0.19 dressing and $2 off meat, $1 off produce. At Albertson's I got all the yogurt we'll need 12x4 packs) through this challenge anyway and some bisquick for pancakes (4 boxes) because I had mailer coupons, and 2 Dora yogurt drinks for the kids and 7 free Propel waters (although I found out they would have been overage at Kroger!! GRRR!). All told at Albertson's I spent $10.99 on all that and got 6 coupons for free milk through 8/4 (up to $4.50! If they won't give overage I'll buy organic). Very good deal.



























Menus:
Breakfasts: I had dry special K cereal because I didn't have any more yogurt. Scott had a bacon, egg & cheese muffin sandwich and the kids had melon before they went to school.
Lunch: I had the leftover eggplant stuffing from the night before. Not as good reheated honestly. I haven't verified Scott's meal yet but he said he's not been cheating on the challenge so I'll trust him.
Dinner: Chicken salad sandwiches, leftover cheesy mashed potatoes, steamed green beans. Adults had water, kids had milk/oj. Kids actually didn't like this one and ended up scarfing down 2.5 PB&J sandwiches and Ryanne had a salad too. Normally I don't let them have something different but Ryanne was asking so nicely, I had to. Scott had Popcorn for dessert. I went and had more bargains for dessert :) (dinner picture will be uploaded tonight)

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

8 oz chicken, diced
1.5 tsp italian seasoning
2 cloves garlic
3 strips bacon, chopped
3 T miracle whip
slices of Monterrey jack cheese or other personal favorite
(slices of tomato would have been perfect but I hadn't bought them yet)
Lettuce &/or spinach leaves
Whole wheat pitas &/or tortilla

Precook bacon in the microwave on 2 papertowels for 2.5 minutes to pull off some of the grease. Sautee chicken, bacon bits and garlic until chicken is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink. Remove from heat and add miracle whip and italian seasoning. We were using up the pita's from last week's meal and only had two so the adults ate the pitas and the kids had theirs in a rolled up tortilla instead. Melt cheese on tortilla or in pita and top with chicken salad, tomato and lettuce/spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment