Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Money Saving Tips of the Day Tuesday 7/7

I rarely make it on the computer on Mondays! So here's two tips, thought I'd get in the swing a little early for the challenge :)

1. You'll notice my first new addition to the blog... SWAGBUCKS! I've been using this search engine for a few months now. They reward you with "Swagbucks" for searching the internet like you normally do. You can redeem these for prizes and best of all it's FREE. I have been accumulating Amazon gift certificates because they seemed like the best value but they have all sorts of prizes. They even added a PAYPAL prize, $5 deposited right into your paypal account!! I got some workout DVD's for free with my Amazon gift certificates and my next purchase will be a Steam Mop for our house. Click on the banner to the left and join in. It doesn't cost you a thing and it can help you save up for some things you want that aren't necessarily "in your budget". Happy Swagging :)

2. I'm pretty bad about this one but it really is a time/money saver.... PREPLAN YOUR WEEKLY MENUS. Hopefully this challenge will get me back on track with this one. One night a week (whatever is good for you, I usually do Tue/Wed because that's when the new grocery circulars come out and I can plan to incorporate sales), take inventory of your shelves, fridge and freezer. See what you need to use up and incorporate those items into your menu for the week. Next, write down what you don't have but that you need for those dishes and that's your shopping list!
  • You won't be as stressed coming home, not knowing what's for dinner
  • You won't let as many boxed items, produce items or leftovers go bad because you're taking constant inventory
  • You won't overbuy at the store because you'll know what you do and don't need
  • You can plan to incorporate sale items into that week's menu!

Really, this is a super saver on so many levels!

No comments:

Post a Comment