Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday 7/26 Recap

Woo hoo! Caught up in recaps!! Quick trip to King Soopers today (Kroger). Hit 3 more mega deal groups of 10, many with overages. Playtex gloves are the best one right now. And I bought more Sunny D smoothies. Don't love the artificial stuff but hopefully I can bring them to work to share and the kids can have them now and then. I have to go back with my Kashi coupons, I guess they didn't make it out of my pocket!! Got some of the Bushnell weather monitors too, Scott is very excited and I'm excited to have gifts in reserve when we need them! Now just to wait for the rebate to come...


Menus:

Breakfast: Kids had Kashi waffles. We've been giving them the yucky HFCS syrup but I try not to put too much on there. Scott fed them so I don't think they had anything more than that and milk. He had a breakfast sandwich with the last english muffin. I just had a yogurt and what was left of Hunter's waffle.

Snacks: Granola bars and juice.

Lunch: Requested Mac-N-Cheese (the last of the cups I bought). I made them eat a yobaby first. And they each had a piece of bacon. If they weren't so active I'd think heart attack on a plate! No one would touch the green beans (rare for my crew). Scott and I were naughty too and just had some chips and salsa. Although we were good on the portion control.

Snacks: Buttered pasta, cheese sticks (cut from block), boost drinks. They got bananas at the store.

Dinner: I had planned on meatloaf but didn't have time. Made up this raspberry-walnut chicken instead! Served with rice, green beans and milk. (last of the green beans).


Raspberry Walnut Chicken

2 slices of bread, toasted

2 oz. walnuts

1 oz feta cheese + 0.5 oz feta cheese

2T Lite Raspberry vinaigrette + 1T Lite Raspberry vinaigrette

1 # chicken (I only used ~ 1/2 pound but there was enough topping for 1#, use 1 more slice bread if it's not enough for you)


It'd be best to cuisinart the topping (bread, walnuts and 1 oz. feta). But if you don't have one (like me under the fire challenge), then crush walnuts with a heavy something (olive oil bottles work great, as do oil spray bottles), crumble the bread and feta and fork mash. Marinade the chicken in 2T lite raspberry vinaigrette. Spray bottom of pan and place chicken in. Top with topping. Bake until juices run clear and meat is no longer pink. (~30-45 minutes for 1#). Drizzle with 1T more dressing and crumble 0.5 oz more feta on top and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment