Friday, July 17, 2009

Thursday 7/16 Recap

Got to go to King Soopers (Kroger) on a break. I love the save $5 WYB 10 item sale ;) Got lots of staples like cream cheese, mouthwash, salad dressing. My favorite is Johnson's Lotion!! My ALL TIME favorite lotion. If I can figure out what I did with my $2/1 coupons from S 4/19, I will be stocking up on those. There will have to be room in the budget!! After the sale the big bottles are only $1!! And remember to check your catalinas that print out at the store. There have been some really good ones lately, like the $2/1 Listerine I used or $1/1 Yobaby.

And I was able to use my $2 off meat WYB Kraft dressings. Got 2# of london broil, 1.5 # chicken tenders, and $1 off produce WYB Kraft dressings for $0.13 cantaloupe. I had to go to customer service though because it didn't ring all the items I thought were on the sale. It was a hassle but I got more dressing and some more meat out of it. I was in too much of a hurry to plan anything else. LOVE the Smart Balance butter on sale for 50 cents too. This is a nicer, healthier option to the oil sprays or margerine that we had. I'll be getting a couple more of those. It's really easy as a calorie additive to Hunter's foods.

Menu
Breakfast: The kids had apples and milk again, then ate at school. Scott had a lean pocket breakfast pocket. I had yogurt at work with the Special K in it. Only one yogurt left here!!
Lunch: I had the leftover porkchop and rice and 2 plums. Scott went out to lunch with a friend who owed him lunch. He had chicken wings or something to that effect.
Dinner: BBQ chicken (leg quarters), corn (canned) and baked potatoes with sour cream and milk to drink. I normally like to add a green veggie, but the kids love corn. I miss the days when corn on the cob was 10 cents apiece too!! Maybe at the farmer's market next weekend!! The kids ate most my piece of chicken but that's okay, better for the waistline. Light Sour cream for the adults, regular for the kids. Butter on the kids' potatoes and corn.

















Dessert: "Holy Crap That's Good Pudding". WARNING: You will gain a pound just reading this recipe!! This is not for the faint of calorie... seriously, should only be given to kids who need to gain weight or up their calorie/fat content. Don't count this against me as unhealthy, it's just what Hunter needs (and Ryanne burns so many calories, she's welcome to have it too). Oh, and I add a stick of butter at the end (or 1/2 cup butter from a tub). I use Omega 3 Smart balance butter. It's the right kind of fat for Hunter to go with all the animal fat.


  • Holy Crap That's Good Pudding
3/4 C. sugar
4 egg yolks
2 Tbsp. flour
2 C. whole milk or use 1C whole milk, 1C cream
1 tsp. vanilla (or 1 T cocoa powder)


Stir sugar, yolks, flour and milk together in pot over medium heat until boiling.
Continue to boil for 5 min. (for thicker pudding allow to boil while stirring for another few minutes, you will feel it thicken and it will thicken more when it sits). Add butter and stir until mided in.
Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and let sit for a few minutes. If using cocoa, stir in with the butter.
Options: Eat plain or top with cinnamon or nutmeg. Or chill it and top it off with fresh berries! Freeze right away for an ice-cream like treat!
Told ya it was simple ;)
For Banana Pudding - Layer dish with vanilla wafers, top with sliced banana and pour pudding over top. Refrigerate for at least 1 hr.

No comments:

Post a Comment