Sunday, August 9, 2009

Yardsale Tallies!

Well, like I said, I did great on the sale overall. Traffic in our area isn't exceptional so I make less than most, but here's the tally for this challenge of items I bought during the challenge, what we used of it, what we gave away (I took 5 toothpaste, 5 toothbrushes, 5 maxipads and 5 deoderants to Children's when we had our appointment for Hunter's Botox). We sold what we could and I am actually shocked at the profit and what we can deduct from our tally totals. $87.79 in profit (what we made vs. what I paid for it), and $137.75 cash that we made on the sale from those items that I can deduct from our final totals. I don't know how that will work for the All You challenge being as it was all from items purchased in weeks 1-3 and I sold them in week 4. But for the fire challenge, it will bring us back under our $500 goal and we'll make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very excited to have made this challenge a success for us!!!!

Here's the tally:



Some notes on the Asterisks:
*Yes, I took a hit on the Koolaid, but really, I didn't. I bought the Koolaid to get the free sugar so ($1.40 for sugar and Koolaid was better than $1.88 for sugar, right?). So we don't drink that so selling it was just a bonus to getting a discount on my sugar.

**Crest Prohealth. Yes, took a hit there too. But again, not really. I used a coupon and I'm getting 100% back on Single Check Rebate from Rite Aid, so still a money maker, just takes a little longer.

***Glade Plugins. Seems like very little profit for the effort, but also remember I made an extra $1 each on the warmers by catalina for OYNO purchases. They usually sell better and the Sense-N-Sprays always rush out the door at $3 here!!! I'll save them for next time. We don't use much of them in our house.

Pampers were the best money maker. Yes, I have put my son in the Dora training pants in the spirit of the challenge. I have looooooots of pictures to prove it LOL (and for blackmail). But they don't fit great and ergonomically, it's easier to use Huggies on him because they have re-attachable sides.

Deoderant, soap, toothbrushes and toothpaste never fail to sell out. Cereal and Crackers do well for me too. Sauces are alright, but they have bad days too. Usually Razors fetch a better price too. But I've always had Gillette in the past. People prefer Gillette apparently!! Spice packs don't sell well. I have so many. So I'm trying to cook with them LOL I do donate a lot of items that just don't sell well. They're great food and if we can't eat them and people are hesitant, someone needs them out there :)

I highly recommend doing the yardsale. It's not all that much work, mostly just getting tables up and prices up. I keep the printed signs from each one and the signs that go on the corners too attract people I borrow from my realtor neigbor (Thanks Kel!!).

I keep things that I buy that we're going to use on my stockpile shelves. The stuff I know is for sale I sort into boxes according to what price I will sell them at then just bring them out and set them up on sale day onto tables by price. I constantly re-evaluate too. If it's not selling, I move it to a lower priced table or switch the signs. I sell about 40% of my stock for $1 a piece, just because people like that price. I try to do a 4-5 hour yard sale once a quarter but I can do more if stock or monetary needs dictate!

No comments:

Post a Comment