Monday, August 10, 2009

And the final tallies on all the challenges!

I can't believe this is the last tally!! We did great in my opinion and still got to have some fun and everyone got their very favorite meal at least once! Congrats to all the participants, I learned a lot and really enjoyed sharing :)

For the All You challenge, family of 4, using no stockpile, no spices, nada:
Week 1: $98.07
Week 2: $91.67
Week 3: $74.32
Week 4: $37.89 = $303.93

Including food items I theoretically “bought” from my stockpile (at “going rates”) because we all need things like sugar, spices and those little things we take for granted that we just "have":
Week 1: $119.52
Week 2: $109.44
Week 3: $74.32
Week 4: $40.90 = $344.18
Absolutely everything we put in our mouths that wasn't from a different location (like my desk drawer at work or eating with the inlaws) is included in this total.

For our challenge of starting our life from scratch for 4 weeks- includes HBA & other life items like clothes and kitchen items (some theoretically bought from our stockpile at the “going rate”):
Week 1: $179.46
Week 2: $204.74
Week 3: $122.38
Week 4: -$75.68 (yard sale!) = $430.90 Which is under our $500 goal!!!

We did it! Congrats to my family for being so flexible and daring enough to try this. To wear the same clothes every day, to give up the luxuries we'd become accustomed to... everything. Especially to my dear Husband for putting up with my crazy ideas and agreeing to play nice :) Thank you :)

So here's the final tally sheets. I hope you can join us for a less in depth but hopefully just as interesting month of getting rid of High Fructose Corn Syrup starting Sept 1 (and hopefully for a long time thereafter)!!



No comments:

Post a Comment