Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tuesday 7/28 Recap

A better day. I felt better after some sleep although I stayed up a little late doing wedding programs. I had my last great shopping trips to King Soopers (Kroger) and Safeway. Big scores on Kleenex, toothpaste, crackers and Apple Juice. One run in at Safeway where the Super coupon on the Ritz crackers didn't ring through. Totally my fault since I was at a self check lane but I went to Customer service to have it fixed. The guy was quite rude (par for the course in Boulder, my local SW is much nicer). Anyway, he proceeds to tell me I didn't spend $20 so the coupon didn't go through (without noticing that the Motts coupon did and I did spend $20 before coupons, which is the requirement). So he refunds the whole $3.49 plus tax!! Okay, if you're going to lecture me instead of just refunding my $1.50, fine with me, lecture away!! And I got my P&G Esaver money back on the Pur pitcher as well from Kroger :) And the glade warmers didn't print the OYNO catalinas so they refunded me that in cash as well. That again, was my fault because I tried to "roll" my previous OYNO catalinas without thinking but the new manager at my King Soopers is FANTASTIC and had no problems just giving me cash. I tell you, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Kroger/King Soopers and won't shop another one unless mine is out of something. They're the most friendly, well stocked, coupon friendly location out there. HUGE PROPS!! Same goes to my Safeway, they are a close second. No comment on my Albertson's though LOL Only one day cashier that I like there and I usually have to shop at night :(

Menus
Breakfast: You know what I ate LOL, kids had juice, dry cereal and grapes before school. Scott had cereal again too.
Lunch: I had a lunch meeting (YAY! Roast beef sandwich, orzo pasta salad and diet coke). Scott had a sandwich for lunch and leftover pizza and sunflower seeds as snacks. He also had some chips and salsa.
Snacks: Ryanne had gymnastics so a boost drink and a granola bar for her. Scott had a granola bar as well.
Dinner: Meatloaf. Veggies built into this one so we just had salads on the side. Served with milk. The kids got to have some Starbuck's Hot Chocolate ice cream for dessert (they were very excited, this is the one flavor of Starbuck's that doesn't have caffeine in it by the way).

Meatloaf
This is as I made it this time, traditionally meatloaf can have anything added to it. It's meant to use up what you have available. I highly recommend using up veggies about to go bad (zucchini, green beans, carrots, etc.) but I used what we had. I found some clearance baby food that I used to add veggies this time.

1 # ground beef (turkey works quite well for meat loaf too)
2 jars of baby food- green beans
1/3 C. ketchup
2 eggs
4 slices wheat bread
1/4 cup parsley (dried- although I much prefer fresh!!)
1 tsp garlic powder
Remaining spinach leaves I had in the drawer

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix to the point that they'll hold together, don't over mix. Place in baking dish and top with ketchup. Bake at 375*F for 50-60 minutes until the meat is no longer pink. Drain off any oil if any separates. Ground turkey will not have this problem.







TIP FOR THE DAY
23. Puree and save. When your fruits or veggies are about to go bad, steam and puree them and freeze them in ice cube trays (when frozen, store in a quality freezer bag or better yet, double bag to prevent freezer burn). You can thaw them out to add nutrition to many meals without your family even noticing. Use in sauces, meat loaf, dips and anywhere else you have a large item list in cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment