Sunday, August 2, 2009

WOW, WHAT A WEEK!

I know I have been absent. It has been a whirlwind week for my sister in law's wedding. Family events to attend, programs to make, brunch to help organize and outfit... I haven't been able to find a moment to get on the blog!! While I always have a lot to do, this week was beyond exception! Hunter had his latest round of botox as well and 2 extra therapies this week to boot. I haven't slept and I'm glad to be somewhat returning to normalcy this week! I think we were under budget last week but I haven't tallied to be sure. I had a mystery shop on Monday (or so I thought), I pre-assigned these shops monthly and I ordered my pizza and went to do my paperwork and the shops were gone. Apparently they were cancelled by the client and I don't have a record of an email so there's $15 of eating out that won't be reimbursed and we didn't need! Second we met our Brother in Law and Niece at McDonald's for a play date and that was $12 down the tubes. The playlands are great but has anyone else noticed that fast food is no longer the cheap alternative???

Most my shopping trips were under $10 and I spent a large majority of the money on Kroger's mega deal restocking our Kleenex and buying some items for garage sale. I'll have our quarterly garage sale this weekend and hopefully many of the toiletry items will fetch us a net positive on our expenditures for the challenge :) I'll update more on that as the week goes on. And we had our neighbors over for dinner Sunday night!! Everyone was pleased with the meal and we did it all for under $15, including beer for the adults (except me who has to work) and lemonade for the kids :) I will get my tallies for the week and post them up soon!! It takes me awhile to enter the receipts because it's so hard to figure out tax around here. There's a base tax and then the second tax is based on a post-coupon amount and it's important to match them up and figure out what coupons (if any and how many) were missed. Anyway... the rest of the updates coming soon with some great recipes from the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment