Saturday, August 8, 2009

Wednesday 8/5 Recap

Had to leave early for my PT so busy day. Nice feeling like I have everything we need and not needing to shop.


Menu

Breakfast: More of the same. Scott had cereal, I had my yogurt/cereal (although not until 10:30!!) and the kids had pineapple and toast and milk.

Snack: Scott and I had granola bars, exciting, right?

Lunch: I had leftover shrimp pasta and Scott had leftover pasta salad from Sunday and a sandwich.

Dinner: Chicken fried rice and oriental salads.


Chicken fried rice

Pre-cooked rice. Day old works great if you make it with another meal to save time.

You can use oil. Sesame and coconut give good flavor. To reduce fat (even though you can add good fats here by picking the right oil), you can use olive oil spray.

I pre-sauteed mushrooms and scrambled some eggs to add and prebroiled 1# chicken and added 1/2 # chopped and saved the other 1/2# for later.


Spray pan or preheat oil and add rice. Allow to sit without turning for a few minutes about 3 minutes at a time. Push rice back, add a little more oil or spray again and put the rice down again. 3 minutes at a time, 3-5 times with the same process. Then add frozen vegetables or fresh vegetables. When they're warmed add the pre-sauteed items and soy sauce and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment